We had a wonderful time at the 2015 PROMISE SSI! Will you join us for some memories?
- Photos: http://www.ndemay.com/p865338520 (available for viewing and for purchase)
- Join us on Twitter! View the #ThinkBigDiversity feed and contribute thoughts about faculty diversity, applaud your faculty mentors, identity diverse faculty aspirants, etc.! #ThinkBigDiversity Tweets. The video tab on this feed will show participants’ video capture of Rosie (Dr. Williams’ humanoid robot) and her yoga moves!
- Dr. Andrew Williams’ summary of his 2015 PROMISE SSI keynote address: https://promiseagep.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/think-big-diversity-advice-for-aspiring-stem-ph-d-graduate-students-postdocs-and-junior-faculty/
- Hard copy of the program: SSI Booklet – Final Version – August 2015
Feedback: Now that some time has passed, please let us know what you have taken away from the conference. Please tweet your response, continuing to use #ThinkBigDiversity as your hashtag.
To remain engaged: Please subscribe to the PROMISE website: https://promiseagep.wordpress.com/
Events: There are several events coming up. Please mark your calendars and check back with the PROMISE website for updates:
- September 11, 2015: PROMISE Opening Meeting at UMBC
- September 12, 2015: PROMISE “How to Fund Your Graduate Education” seminar at UMBC
- September 14, 2015: Deadline for applying for the October SREB conference
- September 19, 2015: GEM GRAD Lab at UMBC (inviting all undergraduates to learn more about graduate school)
- November 20, 2015: PROMISE Fall Harvest Dinner at College Park
- February 12, 2016: PROMISE Research Symposium & Professional Development Workshop at College Park
- May 7, 2016: PROMISE Cookout in Columbia, MD
- August 20, 2016: PROMISE SSI 2016
This is a small subset of events. There will be several other events throughout the year. Other ways to engage:
Events at UMBC: http://my.umbc.edu/groups/promise; Contact email@example.com
Events at UMCP: http://www.gradschool.umd.edu/admissions/choose-maryland/diverse-campus-community/graduate-diversity-initiatives; Contact Christopher Perez: firstname.lastname@example.org
Events at UMB: https://umbconnect.umaryland.edu/organization/promise; Contact LaNette Parson, email@example.com
As we post event pages, some of the events above will be updated and hyperlinked to the appropriate registration pages. Thank you for joining us!