We had a wonderful time at the 2015 PROMISE SSI! Will you join us for some memories?
- Photos: http://www.ndemay.com/p865338520 (available for viewing and for purchase)
- Join us on Twitter! View the #ThinkBigDiversity feed and contribute thoughts about faculty diversity, applaud your faculty mentors, identity diverse faculty aspirants, etc.! #ThinkBigDiversity Tweets. The video tab on this feed will show participants’ video capture of Rosie (Dr. Williams’ humanoid robot) and her yoga moves!
- Dr. Andrew Williams’ summary of his 2015 PROMISE SSI keynote address: https://promiseagep.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/think-big-diversity-advice-for-aspiring-stem-ph-d-graduate-students-postdocs-and-junior-faculty/
- Hard copy of the program: SSI Booklet – Final Version – August 2015
Feedback: Now that some time has passed, please let us know what you have taken away from the conference. Please tweet your response, continuing to use #ThinkBigDiversity as your hashtag.
To remain engaged: Please subscribe to the PROMISE website: https://promiseagep.wordpress.com/
Events: There are several events coming up. Please mark your calendars and check back with the PROMISE website for updates:
- September 11, 2015: PROMISE Opening Meeting at UMBC
- September 12, 2015: PROMISE “How to Fund Your Graduate Education” seminar at UMBC
- September 14, 2015: Deadline for applying for the October SREB conference
- September 19, 2015: GEM GRAD Lab at UMBC (inviting all undergraduates to learn more about graduate school)
- November 20, 2015: PROMISE Fall Harvest Dinner at College Park
- February 12, 2016: PROMISE Research Symposium & Professional Development Workshop at College Park
- May 7, 2016: PROMISE Cookout in Columbia, MD
- August 20, 2016: PROMISE SSI 2016
This is a small subset of events. There will be several other events throughout the year. Other ways to engage:
Events at UMBC: http://my.umbc.edu/groups/promise; Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Events at UMCP: http://www.gradschool.umd.edu/admissions/choose-maryland/diverse-campus-community/graduate-diversity-initiatives; Contact Christopher Perez: email@example.com
Events at UMB: https://umbconnect.umaryland.edu/organization/promise; Contact LaNette Parson, firstname.lastname@example.org
As we post event pages, some of the events above will be updated and hyperlinked to the appropriate registration pages. Thank you for joining us!
4 thoughts on “#ThinkBigDiversity – After the @PROMISE_AGEP SSI, what’s next?”
Thank you to all the guest speakers and mentors at SSI! I was staffing AS THE “5 minutes left” person and found each person’s talk very beneficial. I saw the pictures and Cheriss took wonderful pictures to capture the memorable moments from the event! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
As we ponder what’s next, and think about our role as professors and leaders in the academy, here is an article to consider (by one of our former PROMISE AGEP Mentors-in-Residence, Dr. Maria Mercedes Franco.)