Thank you for visiting this event’s information page. We also ask that you CREATE a profile on The Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching, and Leadership (CIRTL) website: https://www.cirtl.net so that you can access materials that are part of the national center.
Please RSVP in the following link at myUMBC if you are UMBC affiliated by clicking the “I can attend” button at the bottom: https://my3.my.umbc.edu/groups/promise/events/61224.
If you do not have a UMBC account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following items:
Subject line: T&L Seminar
The body of the email with the following information: Full name, Campus, and Department
Continental breakfast and lunch will be served.
- $2000 “Professors in Training” (PROF-it) Opportunities at the Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) – UMBC/CCBC Teaching Fellows Program
- Teaching Undergraduates Through the “Introduction to an Honors University (IHU)” Program
- The Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching, and Leadership (CIRTL) – UMBC’s Role in the national center, and available resources
- “Teaching Disciplinary Thinking”
- Instructional Technologies (Including Blackboard, Bb screencasting, and Bb Collaborate for virtual office hours.)
- Conflict Resolution: What Every TA Needs to Know
- Assisting Students with Disabilities
- Counseling Center
- Panels of experienced TAs and instructors in Social Sciences and Humanities disciplines, and for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields.
- Teaching opportunities that exist with UMBC’s first-year programs – C. Jill Randles, Assistant Vice President and Assistant Dean, Undergraduate Education
- Opportunities for enhanced training with Skillsoft – Jill Weinknecht Wardell
Center for the Integration of Teaching and Learning (CIRTL) certifications – Dr. Tracy Irish, Clinical Faculty MAE, Science and STEM Education
10:00 AM ” Teaching Disciplinary Thinking”
- The Graduate Assistant Advisory Committee
- Breakout Sessions (Discussions include: Leading a lab, grading, teaching class, time management, and more)