Call for Abstracts
The slots will be filled in a first come – first get basis, the earlier you submit your application the better chance to get in line with the presentation style of your choice. Those who did not specify a category will be given a space for a poster.
If you are interested in presenting, please follow the instructions below:
Abstracts and the information below is required for all presentations types.
Email all materials from all four categories below to email@example.com, with the subject: “2020 USM PROMISE AGEP Research Symposium Presenter Information” by January 31, 2020.
- Name, school, department, choice of oral category (1, 2, 3) or poster, and title of your presentation. “TED-Styled” and “Lightning Round” titles must be tailored to appeal to a general audience.
- Formal Abstract (250 words or less). Biographical Sketch (250 words or less)
- Font: 12 Point, Times New Roman
- Heading, Left-justified:
- Title (Bold)
- Name (Italicized)
- Department (No abbreviations)
- University (No abbreviations)
- General Summary of Graduate Research (250 words or less)
- High-Quality Photograph
- Numbered List of up to 5 publications and or/presentations. Please give precedence to publications and conference proceedings as applicable.
All presenters must also register.
Graduate Students are encouraged to submit research project for the following categories:
- Traditional Oral Presentation (7 minutes)
- Ted-Style Talk (5 minutes)
- Lightning Round Talk (2 minutes)
- Poster Presentation (10 minutes)
All USM graduate students are invited to attend and to present.
Date: February 21, 2020
Time: 8:00AM to 4:00PM
Location: The Atrium, Stamp Student Union @ UMD (College Park)
University of Maryland College Park
Adele H. Stamp Student Union – Center for Campus Life
3972 Campus Dr
College Park, MD 20742
Contact Christopher Pérez, Director, The Office of Graduate Diversity and Inclusion for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is FREE, and all attendees must register:
All graduate students and postdocs are invited to participate as audience members and attend the professional development workshops.
Attire: Business Casual
If you choose to drive on your own, you may pay to park in the Union Lane Garage – located between the Adele H. Stamp Student Union Center for Campus Life and Cole Field House. Hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. daily. In this garage, you park in a numbered spot, remember your number, and walk out toward the entrance to enter it into the machine, where you will pre-pay for a certain number of hours. Other parking lot information can be found here: http://cvs.umd.edu/visitors/parking.html.
- Presentation slots are limited to graduate students within the University System of Maryland.
- Postdocs from universities and organizations outside of the University System of Maryland can participate as mentors and judges.
- All graduate students and postdocs are invited to participate as audience members and attend the professional development workshops.
- Undergraduate students are invited to attend to learn from the presentations.
- Faculty from within the USM are invited to serve as judges to provide constructive feedback.
Join us! Registration is free.
If you would like to find out more information about this event hosted by PROMISE AGEP please visit the following link to the event’s website: