Welcome to the PROF-It (Professors-in-Training) Events Page
Below are dates for our fall events. Click the links that correspond to dates of any events you have attended in order to visit the community discussion pages. Recent events are listed first. Please post your reflections for all PROF-it (Professors-in-Training) Workshops that you have attended. Your thoughtful responses to the questions and your general reflections are an essential part of your application package for the PROF-it teaching fellowship, so be sure to engage your fellow participants in the ongoing dialogue. You may also post follow-up questions for the speakers in case they can respond to them.
- Multiple dates: Ongoing sessions: Multicampus and online events
- December 5: Inspiring Creativity in the Classroom, featuring Dr. Alexis Y. Williams
- November 7: Teaching at a Community College Part II: CCBC Perspectives and Opportunities, featuring Dr. Rebekah de Wit and Anna Smoot
- October 24: Public speaking in the classroom, featuring Dr. Judith Pollack
- October 3: Teaching at a Community College Part I: An Insider’s Guide to Competing for a Full-Time Faculty Position, featuring Dr. Alycia Marshall
- September 19: How to Create a Syllabus, featuring Dr. Linda Hodges