- Event: How to Create a Syllabus, featuring Dr. Linda Hodges (Director, UMBC Faculty Development Center)
- For all TAs, graduate students interested in teaching, and postdocs
- Date: Friday, September 19, 2014
- Time: 12-2pm
- Location: ENG 023 (UMBC Campus)
- RSVP: Graduate students and postdocs from UMBC, click here: http://my.umbc.edu/groups/promise/events/26020; interested parties from campuses other than UMBC, register using the purple “Questions/Comments?” dialog box section in the “About PROF-it” section on the main page. This is a brown bag seminar. You may bring your lunches with you.
- Information: Dr. Linda Hodges from the UMBC Faculty Development Center will discuss creating a syllabus, time management in the classroom, and planning a semester. About Dr. Hodges: http://www.umbc.edu/fdc/staff.php
Make the most of your attendance at each PROF-it event! Discuss what you learned with other participants in the comments section below. Your participation in the PROF-it community boards counts toward possible recommendations when you apply to teaching fellowships with PROF-it partner institutions, and posting immediately following a session helps you to document your immediate reflections and plans for your own use in the future. We hope to see you again soon.