The Broader Engagement (BE) program at the Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics 2017 Computational Science and Engineering (SIAM CSE17) conference is now accepting applications! Deadline to apply is December 16, 2016. SIAM CSE17 will be held in Atlanta, GA on February 27-March 3, 2017. SIAM CSE17 BE will engage undergraduate and graduate students in conference activities, the CSE community, and provide special programming to enhance their experience as well as impact their career trajectory. BE participants are recruited from underrepresented groups, such as women, minorities, people with disabilities, first generation scholars, and people from under-privileged backgrounds.
The BE program will provide a rich scientific program, mentoring, and career and professional development to students who aspire to broaden their experience in research-based professional activities.
CSE is indispensable for leading edge investigation and engineering design in a vast number of industrial sectors that all rely increasingly on advanced modeling and simulation, including:
- semiconductor technologies
Special themes for this year’s conference include:
- applications in science, engineering, and industry
- data analytics and visualization
- data-driven modeling and prediction
- multiphysics and multiscale computations
- novel discretization and fast solvers
- numerical linear/multilinear algebra
- scientific software and high-performance computing
- simulations on emerging architectures, and many more
Come and join the community, advance your career, and explore your future possibilities.
First time conference attendees welcome.
In addition to the full conference program BE will be organizing
- STEAM (STEM+Art) Workshop and a Discussion about Multidisciplinary Research, Diversity, and Inclusion
- High Performance Computing (HPC) Workshop
- An Introduction to Parallel Computing on the Raspberry Pi Workshop
- Guided affinity groups to increase learning while attending conference technical sessions
- Mentor Protégé Program
- Professional, career, and leadership development activities
- Community activities
- Opportunities to present your research
- Tour of Google Fibre Academy facilities and other activities
Jump start your career and explore the possibilities!
Applications are due: Friday, December, 16, 2016.
Information about the program can be found here: http://shinstitute.org/siam-cse17-broader-engagement-program-2/
To apply visit: https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/SHInstitute/